Lead a team of talented individuals to scope, build, test and deliver incremental updates to our products.
You will provide exceptional leadership in developing a team of developers, BA’s and testers, providing guidance and oversight to ensure the successful delivery of product updates. Within this role the engineering manager will also provide technical leadership, Agile and DevOps coaching, ensuring adherence to architectural guidelines and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure team has the optimal cadence and velocity to deliver on time by implementing the best engineering principles and processes.
• Uplift DevOps practices and maturity, ensuring high level of unit testing is part of engineering process.
• Develop functional and technical design specifications that meet stakeholder requirements
• Lead/Facilitate Agile events such as PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, backlog refinement, Sprint review and retrospectives.
• Lead planning and estimating workshops for features to be delivered in a release
• Ensure on time delivery of features within a release
• Investigate and analyse software related issues.
• Developing, configuring and delivering solutions that meet our customer’s needs.
• Working with other Engineering Leads to identify and reduce technical debt
• Ensure timely creation and execution of acceptance test procedures (ATProcs)
• Ensure creation and review (utilizing Ocean quality review process) of all release documentation
• Ensure adherence to Feature and Story Definition of Ready and Definition of Done.
• Lead the Creation and Maintenance of automation scripts to be linked into CI/CD process.
• Lead activities to remediate legacy build and deployment processes
Leadership and Coaching
• Leadership of all roles within team including, Developers, Business Analysts and Testers.
• Provide Mentoring and Coaching of all team members, empowering them to be well-rounded and considered
• Inspire team to trial and evolve new learning scenarios and ways of working
• Career development and management of all members of team.
• The ability to create an environment based on trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team work.
• Motivate and inspire team members; and lead by setting a good example. Help the team stay focused and on track.
• Help coach and develop team members to their full potential; whilst helping resolve any dysfunctional behaviours.
• Encourage creativity, risk taking, constant improvement and maintain healthy group dynamics.
• Ensure that the team has the necessary training and education on the latest technologies to enable them to provide the best product possible.
• Strive for team consensus and win-win agreements by guiding group discussions that lead to closure and intervene when necessary to help resolve group issues.
• Recognise, acknowledge and celebrate team/members accomplishments and exceptional performances.
• Work with Maintenance and Support Manager to ensure customer incidents are appropriately prioritized within squad.
• Ensure software incidents are responded to and resolved to meet SLA’s as communicated by Maintenance and Support Manager.
• Working with other Engineering leads Identify current technical debt level
• Complete a sprint report to the Software Director at the completion of each sprint detailing the team’s burndown, this should include planned stories delivered vs delivered stories
• Provide Software Director with software defect report, detailing defects raised against each story.
• Provide monthly reporting to Maintenance & Support manager detailing incidents responded to and resolved.
• Provide Software Director with monthly technical debt levels, including executed remediation activities
• Provide Head of Software Delivery a status report of team activities against the agreed delivery plans
• Provide guidance to the team based on management direction; and escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team.
• Keep the Project Manager and Product Owner well informed of task accomplishments, issues and status.
• Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
• Conform to Ocean’s Quality Policies, Procedures, MAPS and Work Instructions.
• Positive influence and collaborator with internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Various ad-hoc administration duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of industry experience, including at least 2+ years of experience in a Lead Role
• Bachelor in IT or Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Experience in leading teams
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Proficient in Agile Methodologies
• Experience working with web technologies
• Experience with cloud services, specifically Azure and AWS
• A background or understanding of aviation and/or military environment.
• Australian citizen (Able to achieve Australian Defence Security Clearance).