Do you enjoy working with dynamic and innovative products?
How about being a part of leading the product from concept to delivery?
Want to be part of a global team that is delivering products to many countries around the world?
If you answered yes to the above and have experience working with digital products, then read on!
Ocean Software designs, develops, and delivers enterprise software solutions for military, government, and corporate customers around the world.
Our products form the core systems behind highly complex operating environments including Command and Control, Situational Awareness, Healthcare, and Supply Chain Management.
We are seeking a Product Manager to help lead teams for Ocean’s growing product portfolio.
You will be leading a well-resourced and nimble team working on new growth SaaS product, with the goal of opening new global markets and expanding into mobile and data analytics.
About the Role:
• Develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap and communicate internally and externally.
· Work with cross-functional internal stakeholders (CEO, CTO, Sales, Marketing, etc) to develop a commercially viable product vision and roadmap in response to customer and business drivers.
· Work in a cross-functional way with the entire team, including engineering, sales, marketing and support teams.
· Perform analysis of the market and competitive conditions to identify opportunities for customer and business value.
· Identify feature Return on Investment (ROI) and develop product strategies to identify new features for future investment, as well as features to be deprecated.
· Participate in pre-sales activities to help define roadmap and alignment to customer needs/pain points
· Direct customer research to understand customer value, opportunities, pain points and requirements to help drive future product features
· Assess prototype products for real world application and potential commercial marketing
· Develop metrics to understand product usage and help define future product feature strategies
· Work closely with the User Experience (UX) and engineering team to develop viable, feasible and desirable product features.
· Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
· Work with the product team to prioritise features and activities, provide justification, and provide oversight of the product lifecycle.
· Use timeline estimates to create and communicate release and go to market plans.
· Assist with developing sales strategies, pricing, training, tools and collateral.
· Be an expert with our products and on the competition, with the ability to perform demos internally and externally.
· Foster a customer-centric product culture.
· Foster a culture of learning and innovation, leading by example and continually improving our processes.
· Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
· Act as a leader within the company.
· Experience owning the product management function of a complex enterprise / B2B / SaaS solution.
· Experience in leading the development and delivery of enterprise-level product strategy and roadmap.
· Ability to influence stakeholders and cross-functional teams without formal authority.
· Ability to take incomplete data, develop a strategy and communicate it to the organisation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – The ability to listen and articulate to a wide spectrum of individuals with different disciplines, cultures, and leadership styles.
· 5+ years’ industry experience in Product Management.
· Deep understanding of Agile and experience delivering product through cross-functional teams.
· Elevated skills of human interaction.
· Track record of working well with stakeholders.
. Australian citizen (Able to achieve Australian Defence Security Clearance).
. Desirable: A background or understanding of aviation and/or military environment.